That is my daughter's spine! I can't believe she is so crooked inside. Thanks to a 16 yr old gymnastics coach we were made aware of the problem. Now it is so obvious, I can't believe we never noticed. I feel like an idiot. However, we are going through the steps to help her. I took her into the specialist yesterday. He did a new set of x-rays and measured the curves. The worst one is about 51 degrees. The other is not too far behind. If she were 12 it would be surgery right away. An angle that severe cannot usually be corrected by a brace. For now we will fit her for a brace and she will wear that for 20 hours a day and see how things go. The Dr. didn't seem to think the brace would do much of anything, but would possible keep it from getting worse. Next week, casting for the brace and an MRI to check for any other problems associated with Scoliosis!!
6 comments:
That picture is just CRAZY!!!! 20 hours a day! That sucks!
Hi Nancy, I came over from Rachaels blog. I don't know if you know the Littlefields in our ward or not, but their daughter Jennafer has scoliosis (she is now 16) and has had the back surgery. I don't know if you would want to talk with them or not, if you do, you can contact me for their number.
I can't believe that picture, or the fact that she is going to have to wear the brace 20 hours a day! Poor girl.
Dang! Her spine is so curvy. Can't believe she has to wear a brace for that long. Is it bulky? Let me know if you need any help with Brock and Ali while you take Aubrey to Dr. appointments.
I am so sorry about this! That is crazy, but I pray that she will get the treatment she needs and that it will be okay. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, let us know what you find out and how she is doing.
Oh my gosh! That is crazy. I hope that you guys get it all figured out!
Post a Comment