Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Da Bears

On December 22, Dave and Gareth Smith (brother in law) went to Chicago to see the Bears play the Packers for Monday night football. They arrived Sunday night to frigid temperatures. They left the hotel early on Monday to walk the city and see the sites. The game was at 7PM, so they were out in the sub-zero temperatures all day. At kickoff, the temperature was 2 degrees with wind chill of -13. There were some crazy fans without shirts, but most were bundled up or drinking heavily. Chicago won in overtimie, and Dave and Gareth had a great time. They had to walk back to the hotel (2 miles) and got back to the hotel after 1AM. It made for a long day in the cold, but it was well worth it.














































6 comments:

Melissa B said...

Dang, it looks so COLD there. Makes me want to visit in the Summer! Cool views of the the skyline (no pun intended).

bloodfamily said...

Oooh, I'm glad that I wasn't there. It looks too cold, but I guess that they are die hard fans - and had alot of fun. Glad everyone is home safe and sound.

Jossie said...

Woah that looks cold! I went to Chicago one January and next time I'll visit when it's MUCH warmer. Looks like a great time though!

Rachael said...

SOOOO cold! No thank you! I bet they had fun though. They needed ski pants. At least Gareth has some woolly mammoth on his face to keep him warm!

Sarah said...

I would never be able to find joy staying in those temperatures for any amount of time.

Amber said...

My husband will be so jeleous! I hate football because of the cold weather. I would much rather be in my warn house by the fire anymore. I must be getting old!