Friday, April 4, 2008

Flashback Friday- Dance Edition

When I say Dave and I dated all through highschool, I wasn't kidding. You will have an opportunity to see both of us all through highschool!

I would like to thank Rachael for this opportunity. I thought she meant dance pictures from when we were young. I would much rather post these, although I am embarrassed.

This was our first prom! We went to a lot of trouble to get caps on those sleeves. There was no way I could go with my shoulders showing. I hate this picture with a passion. Dave looks great, but I don't know what happened to me. I was a few days shy of being 16!!



This was my first Homecoming dance. My hair was always flat. We just look so young.
These are Dave's best friends. Barrett, Devin, and Ryan.
This one is out of order. I don't know how to change it. This is why I don't post very often , I find this so frustrating!! Anyways, these shirts are cool. I want you to know they are Girbaud shirts. That was the cool brand at the time. At least in Burley!
This is Homecoming?!?! We went with Cody and Brenna. I don't think I have all my pictures, there are a few missing.



All I have to say about this picture is that my eyebrows are out of control. I didn't take care of those until college. My mom did keep them seperated, I am not kidding, I had a unibrow!! I still like this picture.
This was our group. I really like this picture. I think this was Sadies my junior year. I can't figure out why this is underlined. I wish Rachael wasn't on an airplane right now!

This was prom Dave's senior year. He looks so young without facial hair! We went with Holly, but I can't find that group photo.
Well, this is a rare sighting, me with someone else. Dave was a big college stud at this point and was too cool to take his highschool girlfriend to Homecoming. So, someone else asked and I gladly excepted!
I guess Dave was jealous when I went with another man. He decided to come home and take me to Sadies.
If you can't tell I am not happy in this picture. I am sitting on my friend's date's lap. I was ticked. I didn't even know this guy. I don't know why I decided to cut up my mom's favorite quilt and make a shirt!

























This was my last prom! So sad to see it come to an end. I think that is the last time Dave and I danced.

7 comments:

DAVE AND KATIE said...

I LOVE these pictures! It's so neat that you have so many together. So cute!

Sarah said...

How cute you both look. I love that you guys have been together for so long. Girbaud was super popular where I grew up also. Everyone had teh Girbaud jeans with the tag on the front. I have pictures of me wearing them.

Rachael said...

That was great. I love that they are of you 2! What great memories! I am loving the dresses with the lacy thing going on! Aubrey really looks like Dave...I can really see it in these 'baby' pictures of Dave.
you did a great job on your first solo post!

Jossie said...

I loved your comment about cutting up your mom's quilt for a shirt! Oh, and I'm with Sarah, the Girbaud brand was totally in. I remember getting a pair of jeans and thinking I was so cool because I had them :-) It's neat to see both of you together. Thanks for posting!

rachel said...

What? Girbaud jeans are not still in? I loved your pictures!! It was fun seeing you both grow older. That's too bad that you havn't danced together since. We havn't danced since Josh's graduation either.

Melissa B said...

Oh Nancy! These are too cute! I think dave have the same expression in almost every picture. That is so fun that you have dance pictures with your future husband!

Kristen said...

I love these dance pictures. Tell your mom way to go on being modest. I love the matching Girbaud for sure.